You have a great idea for a social venture that will change the world (or maybe just our community). You’re full of spirit and smarts but low on capital. You long to work in a dynamic environment full of like minds, enthusiasm and creativity, but you’re isolated at home. You need to be productive, but you’re constantly distracted by the kids (or cable).
BEAHIVE Sponsored Membership. Thanks to the generosity of New Energy Events, we’re awarding a free 3-month Full Coworker membership for the Beacon location to someone who will have some positive impact — and for whom BEAHIVE membership would be beneficial.
Tell us why it should be you. Fill out the online application before 5 PM, Sept. 16.
Inspired in part by the coworking movement, BEAHIVE is a new kind of collaborative space for work and community, the only of its kind in the Hudson Valley. At the most basic level, we provide a shared, creative work environment for entrepreneurs, the creative class, microbusinesses and consultants.
More than that, though, we’re a rich community of members from diverse backgrounds with a range of talents and a desire to improve our professional lives, our personal lives and our community. Ultimately we’re supporting a Local Living Economy, one that is locally rooted and human-scale. See our vision of the positive impact we can have.
Membership has its privileges. You’ll get:
- A free Full Coworker membership to BEAHIVE for 3 months (worth $540), which includes space to work in Beacon (and occasionally in Kingston if you want) and a slew of amenities.
- A growing network of talented folks to collaborate with or just bounce ideas off of. BEAHIVE members work in a variety of fields, from web programming and graphic design to finance, art and public relations; writers, editors and solopreneurs of every stripe.
- Potential collaboration on community-based projects.
- Exposure to professional opportunities/new business.
- Workshops and professional events, social and cultural happenings.
We’re looking for passion, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, social impact, ethical fiber and smarts. A sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
Sound like you? Fill out the online application before 5 PM, Sept. 16. We may give you a follow-up call. If you’re chosen, we’ll let you know by Sept. 23.
Membership will start Oct. 3 (unless otherwise arranged) and continue through the end of the year.
May the bees be with you!
Run by Beaconite Matt Perks, New Energy Events organizes high-level sustainable energy conferences in the emerging markets.