Winter Sun Farms is once again selling winter shares of locally grown veggies and berries that have been carefully frozen so you can eat local all winter long.
Become a Beacon member and pick up your share from the hive every 3rd Wednesday, December through April. Support local farms and enjoy a variety of fantastic local produce this winter!
- includes 7 items per pick-up — usually 6 frozen items and 1 fresh (greenhouse pea shoots)
- includes broccoli, sweet corn, mixed peppers, green beans, pureed butternut squash, kale, blueberries, raspberries and even edamame
- can include optional egg shares from some of our favorite farms (one dozen per pick-up)
4-Month Share (Dec-Mar) — $122
5-Month Share (Dec-April) — $153
* Enter the code CHECK at checkout if paying by check.
- Sample share contents
- Some of the farms we work with
- We pay a fair price to farmers during the growing season for fresh, local produce to “put up.”
- We have provided an important source of revenue for many local farmers, which helps achieve our larger goal of creating a more regional, fair, and sustainable food system.
- The farms we work with are primarily certified organic or non-certified organic, and always local and sustainable. Each package we distribute has a label which includes the name of the farm at which it was grown — this helps us to keep the connection between farmer and consumer.
Wed, Dec 21, 2011
4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
291 Main Street, Beacon, NY
Add this event to your calendar: iCal